Monday, June 21, 2021

Numbers 18:14-19 Corruption

 14Every devoted thing in Israel belongs to you. 15The firstborn of every womb, whether man or beast, that is offered to the LORD belongs to you. But you must surely redeem every firstborn son and every firstborn male of unclean animals. 16You are to pay the redemption price for a month-old male according to your valuation: five shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel, which is twenty gerahs. 
17But you must not redeem the firstborn of an ox, a sheep, or a goat; they are holy. You are to sprinkle their blood on the altar and burn their fat as an offering made by fire, a pleasing aroma to the LORD. 18And their meat belongs to you, just as the breast and right thigh of the wave offering belong to you.

19All the holy offerings that the Israelites present to the LORD I give to you and to your sons and daughters as a permanent statute. It is a permanent covenant of salt before the LORD for you and your offspring.”


Corruption 

“By which was meant that it was an unchangeable, incorruptible covenant, which would endure as salt makes a thing to endure, so that it is not liable to putrefy or corrupt.” (Spurgeon)


Acts 2:31 Foreseeing this, David spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that He was not abandoned to Hades, nor did His body see decay. (Corruption)


Every living thing on this earth when it dies will decay, that is, see corruption.

Years ago on a Father’s Day I took our son on a day trip, dirt bike riding in the mountains south of Tucson. At midday we stopped for a picnic and after eating I noticed his dog was wandering off with her nose in the air. I figured I better retrieve her because the area had mountain lion. I walked to the top of the hill and immediately I saw something and said oh no, and instinctively turned around. Not believing what I saw I turned around and realized what I found was a deceased illegal alien, he had been there about a month. I wouldn’t let my son see him and when he asked why I told him I needed to protect him. I had to ride to the top of a hill to call authorities. Luckily he had ID on him so he could be returned to his family in MX. 

I believe the Lord directed our paths that day so this man could be returned to his family.


We will all see decay-corruption with the first death (body) unless the rapture happens but the question is, what do you put your faith in to prevent the second death (soul)?

I put my faith in Jesus Christ!

Blessings 


No comments:

Post a Comment