Monday, June 14, 2021

Get On A Soapbox! Jude 1:17-19

 I use to watch the daytime soap opera’s. Boy was I addicted. I recorded them on VHS tapes and binge watched on the weekends. The TV station had a number you could call to get an update if you missed an episode and TV Guide always had a synopsis available. This was important stuff! True life lessons could be learned through these shows! (sarcasm)

Now before you laugh at me, what drama series do you binge watch today? Back then I was hooked on General Hospital.

One thing I have learned, there are people that thrive on drama. If life is calm and going well they have to create a crisis because peace isn’t comfortable. Personally I prefer peace.

Jude believed there was a need to remind the first century Christians to beware of ungodly self seeking people. Like wolves in sheep’s clothing they tried to get in with the flock. Once there they set out to cause division, create chaos and ruin lives.

Remember what Jude said, they do not have Gods Spirit in them. They only look out for themselves. They just want to satisfy their ungodly desires. What should we do when we encounter these people?

Jude 1:17-19

17But you, my dear friends, must remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ predicted. 18They told you that in the last times there would be scoffers whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires. 19These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God’s Spirit in them.

Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment