Thursday, December 17, 2020

Leviticus 26:23-26 Sevenfold!

 Leviticus 26:23And if in spite of these things you do not accept My discipline, but continue to walk in hostility toward Me, 24then I will act with hostility toward you, and I will strike you sevenfold for your sins. 25And I will bring a sword against you to execute the vengeance of the covenant. Though you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be delivered into the hand of the enemy.


“I will strike you sevenfold “.....

Sevenfold (seven times as great) for your sins. Our sins are too numerous, to many to count! Do you remember Peter asking Jesus how many times we are to forgive?


Matthew 18: 21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!e


22 e Or seventy times seven ; see Genesis 4:24 LXX


Genesis 4:24If Cain is avenged sevenfold,

then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”g


24 g Hebrew; LXX can be translated as either seventy times seven  or seventy-sevenfold ; see also Matthew 18:22.


Leviticus 26:26When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will bake your bread in a single oven and dole out your bread by weight, so that you will eat but not be satisfied.


“There will be so little that they will have to measure out the small quantities to each recipient. Compare Ezekiel 4:16–17.” (Peter-Contesse)


If we wish that the Lord would strike sinners sevenfold for their sins, would we even be here to see it?

I say no! Because we would have been struck!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment