Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Leviticus 26:14-22 If However!

 14If, however, you fail to obey Me and to carry out all these commandments, 15and if you reject My statutes, despise My ordinances, and neglect to carry out all My commandments, and so break My covenant, 16then this is what I will do to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting disease, and fever that will destroy your sight and drain your life. You will sow your seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17And I will set My face against you, so that you will be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee when no one pursues you.

18And if after all this you will not obey Me, I will proceed to punish you sevenfold for your sins. 19I will break down your stubborn pride and make your sky like iron and your land like bronze, 20and your strength will be spent in vain. For your land will not yield its produce, and the trees of the land will not bear their fruit.

21If you walk in hostility toward Me and refuse to obey Me, I will multiply your plagues seven times, according to your sins. 22I will send wild animals against you to rob you of your children, destroy your livestock, and reduce your numbers, until your roads lie desolate.


Wow! Look at these consequences!

Sudden terror, wasting disease, fever, destroy you sight, drain your life, sow seed in vain, set My face against you, defeated by your enemies, those who hate you will rule over you, you will flee, punish you sevenfold for your sins, break down your stubborn pride, sky like iron, land  like bronze, strength will be spent in vain, land won’t produce, trees will not bear fruit, multiply your plagues seven times, according to your sins, send wild animals against you to rob you of your children, destroy your livestock and reduce your numbers!


“The word translated plagues actually refers to ‘punishment.’” (Peter-Contesse)


Did I forget any?

Which one consequences scares you the most?


Wild animals to rob you of your children!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment