Saturday, June 22, 2019

Genesis 50:15-19 God intended for good!

15When Joseph’s brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, “What if Joseph bears a grudge? Then he will surely repay us for all the evil that we did to him.”
16So they sent word to Joseph, saying, “Before he died, your father commanded, 17‘This is what you are to say to Joseph: I beg you, please forgive the transgression and sin of your brothers, for they did you wrong.’ So now, Joseph, please forgive the transgression of the servants of the God of your father.”
When their message came to him, Joseph wept. 18His brothers also came to him, bowed down before him, and said, “We are your slaves!”
19But Joseph replied, “Do not be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20As for you, what you intended against me for evil, God intended for good, in order to accomplish a day like this—to preserve the lives of many people. 21Therefore do not be afraid. I will provide for you and your little ones.” So Joseph reassured his brothers and spoke kindly to them.

Human nature, when someone dies people sometimes turn on each other. 
So we can see how Joseph’s brothers were concerned because of their great sin against Joseph.
“As for you, what you intended against me for evil, God intended for good,”....
Romans 8:28 And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.

Have you examined your life, all your trials and tribulations and seen how God used them to make you into a better person (christian) for His glory?

Recently I had a friend get very angry with me and while praying to the Lord about the situation He spoke to me and said, “David, you use to have anger like this “. 
I thought, could this be why the Lord brought us together? I’m not perfect and I still sin but my anger has been tempered. I sometimes yell out a cuss word or two if I hurt myself while working but I don’t have outbursts like I did in the past.
In my case I had triggers that would build anger, secular music, certain television shows or movies and the news. 
Garbage in, garbage out......

What is the sin you struggle with?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment