Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Genesis 48:17-20 Firstborn!

17When Joseph saw that his father had placed his right hand on Ephraim’s head, he was displeased and took his father’s hand to move it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s. 18“Not so, my father!” Joseph said. “This one is the firstborn; put your right hand on his head.”
19But his father refused. “I know, my son, I know!” he said. “He too shall become a people, and he too shall be great; nevertheless, his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his offspring shall become a multitude of nations.”
20So that day Jacob blessed them and said:
“By you shall Israel pronounce this blessing:
‘May God make you like Ephraim and Manasseh.’”
So he put Ephraim before Manasseh.

The Lord chooses the firstborn and it’s not necessarily the first one out of the womb.
Jeremiah 31:9 (ESV)
9  With weeping they shall come,
and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back,
I will make them walk by brooks of water,
in a straight path in which they shall not stumble,
for I am a father to Israel,
and Ephraim is my firstborn.

David was the firstborn but he was the youngest and look at what the Lord said about Jacob and Esau.
Genesis 25: 22But the children inside her struggled with each other, and she said, “Why is this happening to me?” So Rebekah went to inquire of the LORD, 23and He declared to her:
“Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples from within you will be separated;
one people will be stronger than the other,
and the older will serve the younger.”

The Lord knows our hearts and future while He knits us in the womb! 
Mind boggling isn’t it?

We may not be His firstborn but those of us that accepted Him are born again! He’s the God of second chances!

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment