Saturday, June 1, 2019

Genesis 48:7-12 His timing!

7Now as for me, when I was returning from Paddan,to my sorrow Rachel died along the way in the land of Canaan, some distance from Ephrath. So I buried her there beside the road to Ephrath” (that is, Bethlehem).
8When Israel saw the sons of Joseph, he asked, “Who are these?”
9Joseph said to his father, “They are the sons God has given me in this place.”
So Jacob said, “Please bring them to me, that I may bless them.”
10Now Israel’s eyesight was poor because of old age; he could hardly see. Joseph brought his sons to him, and his father kissed them and embraced them.
11“I never expected to see your face again,” Israel said to Joseph, “but now God has let me see your children as well.”
12Then Joseph removed his sons from his father’s knees and bowed down with his face to the ground.

Joseph hadn’t lost reverence for his father, “and bowed down with his face to the ground.” 

“I never expected to see your face again,” 
Genesis 37:34 Then Jacob tore his clothes, put sackcloth around his waist, and mourned for his son many days.
Genesis 45:27-28 ......the spirit of their father Jacob was revived. Enough!” declared Israel. “My son Joseph is still alive! I will go to see him before I die.”

For 22 years Jacob thought Joseph was dead! But God was working behind the scenes, the God of second chances. Jacob lived with the pain of loosing his son and now he has been blessed with his beloved Joseph and his grandchildren!

Have you been praying and the Lord doesn’t seem to answer? Then remember Jacob and Joseph, because 
2 Peter 3:8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

His timing is not our timing. Keep praying!

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment