Friday, May 24, 2019

Genesis 47:7-12 And they lived happily ever after!

7Then Joseph brought in his father Jacob and presented him before Pharaoh, and Jacob blessed Pharaoh.
8“How many years have you lived?” Pharaoh asked.
9“My travelshave lasted 130 years,” Jacob replied. “My years have been few and hard, and they have not matched the years of the travels of my fathers.”
10Then Jacob blessed Pharaoh and departed from his presence.
11So Joseph settled his father and brothers in the land of Egypt and gave them property in the best part of the land, the district of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded. 12Joseph also provided his father and brothers and all his father’s household with food for their families.

“How many years have you lived?” 
Sometimes I think too long! Jesus take me home!

Can you imagine 130 years?
“My years have been few and hard, and they have not matched the years of the travels of my fathers.”
Life is hard and some have live harder lives.
I remember performing a charity job for someone and afterwards explained to them exactly what they needed to do. They didn’t do what I recommend and called me in a panic. A friend was present and heard the conversation. Afterwards I said I didn’t understand, why they didn’t do what I suggested? 
His response was, “There’s a reason why people are like that”.
That’s always stuck with me.
Some people live harder lives because there’s a reason.....
Jacob had a reason, actions have consequences. 

“Joseph settled his father and brothers” and provided for them as Pharaoh commanded.
And they lived happily ever after!
Sorry, couldn’t resist!
Stay tuned.

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment