Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Genesis 45:9-15 Behold!

9Now return quickly to my father and tell him, ‘This is what your son Joseph says: God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me without delay. 10You shall settle in the land of Goshen and be near me—you and your children and grandchildren, your flocks and herds, and everything you own. 11And there I will provide for you, because there will be five more years of famine. Otherwise, you and your household and everything you own will come to destitution.’
12Behold! You and my brother Benjamin can see that it is I, Joseph, who am speaking with you. 13Tell my father about all my splendor in Egypt and everything you have seen. And bring my father down here quickly.”
14Then Joseph threw his arms around his brother Benjamin and wept, and Benjamin wept as they embraced. 15Joseph kissed each of his brothers as he wept over them. And afterward his brothers talked with him.

Forgiveness and reconciliation, Joseph paints a perfect example of it. God exalted him to this position so he could provide for his family because of the famine. 

Joseph exclaims, Behold! The Lord opens their eyes and they know without any doubt it is their brother Joseph! 
After their emotional embrace they talk. We aren’t told exactly what they discussed but I’m sure Joseph assures them that the past is forgiven.

“And bring my father down here quickly.” I cannot imagine Jacob’s joy, to learn his favorite son isn’t dead, but alive!

Only if we had the heart of Joseph and Jesus!
Is there someone you hold a grudge over? 
Can you forgive like Joseph or like Jesus forgave you?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment