Saturday, May 18, 2019

Genesis 46:1-4 Here I am!

1So Israel set out with all that he had, and when he came to Beersheba, he offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac. 2And that night God spoke to Israel in a vision: “Jacob, Jacob!” He said.
“Here I am,” replied Jacob.
3“I am God,” He said, “the God of your father. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. 4I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will surely bring you back. And Joseph’s own hands will close your eyes.”

“Here I am,” Several times throughout his life Israel replies to God when He calls out to him in a vision.
God speaks to us too! It may be with His word (Bible), it may be in a dream, it may be through another believer. It’s up to us to discern the truth by our knowledge of the Bible. All you have to ask yourself; is it biblical?
AND you have to have a open and loving heart. Just reply, “Here I am,”.

Can you spot the blessings God gave Israel in these verses?
Communication with God,
And “Joseph’s own hands will close your eyes.”!

I find both of the blessings to be a great honor and the last one is especially touching. It reveals Gods love for Israel, to have the son whom he loved to be with him when he dies and to close his eyes!

Lord please use us for Your glory, my heart is open for You!
Here I am Lord.

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment