Saturday, August 4, 2018

Ezra 9:5-6 Infected and Affected

Ezra 9:5 At the time of the evening sacrifice, I arose from my discouragement. Still in my torn garment and robe, I fell to my knees with my hands outstretched to the LORD my God, 6and said,
“My God, I am too ashamed and hurt to turn to you, because we’re in our iniquities over our heads. Furthermore, my God, our sins have grown as high as the heavens.

Ezra was discouraged because of the Jews marrying outside their race when God forbid it. Their iniquities discouraged him.

Have you ever been discouraged from ministry? Constant complaining, griping busybodies are also sinful traits and can discourage those working in a ministry. 

We all sin, we do it everyday and we need to make our accounts short with God but when our sin affects others there is a higher price to pay. Not only do you have to ask God for forgiveness but you need to ask forgiveness to those that your sin affected.

Sin is like a infectious disease, it infects and affects those around you.

Have you infected and affected a relationship because of sin?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment