Saturday, August 11, 2018

Deut 32:39-43 Vengeance is His!

Deut 32:39 See now that I am He;
there is no God besides Me.
I bring death and I give life;
I wound and I heal,
and there is no one
who can deliver from My hand.
40For I lift up My hand to heaven and declare:
As surely as I live forever,
41when I sharpen My flashing sword,
and My hand grasps it in judgment,
I will take vengeance on My adversaries
and repay those who hate Me.
42I will make My arrows drunk with blood,
while My sword devours flesh—
the blood of the slain and captives,
the heads of the enemy leaders.

43Rejoice with Him, O heavens,
and let all God’s angels worship Him.,d
Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people;
for He will avenge the blood of His children.e
He will take vengeance on His adversaries
and repay those who hate Him;f
He will cleanse His land and His people.”

This is the end of a song the Lord gave Moses before his death. Its about the Israelites turning from Him to foreign gods, it’s about judgement, it’s about vengeance and it’s about cleansing His land and His people.
Read it again and let it sink in!

Rejoice, O Gentiles and remember. Vengeance is His and His alone.


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment