Wednesday, July 18, 2018

2 Samuel 6:16, 20-23 Leave Judgement to the Lord!

2 Samuel 6:16As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Saul’s daughter Michal looked down from a window and saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, and she despised him in her heart.
20As soon as David returned home to bless his own household, Saul’s daughter Michal came out to meet him. “How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today!” she said. “He has uncovered himself today in the sight of the maidservants of his subjects, like a vulgar person would do.”
21But David said to Michal, “I was dancing before the LORD who chose me over your father and all his house when He appointed me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel. I will celebrate before the LORD, 22and I will humiliate and humble myself even more than this. Yet I will be honored by the maidservants of whom you have spoken.”
23And Michal the daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

Brethren, we need to guard our hearts concerning others on how they worship or serve the Lord. When the Spirit inside them leaps and dances before the Lord who are we to judge the Spirit? God looks upon the heart!
Be careful how you judge because God will use your own words to judge you!

 Michal judged, “How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today!” And “He has uncovered himself today in the sight of the maidservants of his subjects, like a vulgar person would do.”
Notice verse 23, “And Michal the daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.”

While serving the Lord in a ministry someone judged me by my posture. I was accused of crossing my arms and their implication was, who does he think he is!
What they don’t know is I have terrible shoulder pain and I was supporting my left elbow with my right hand to reduce the pain. 
I am a faithful servant, that serves even with terrible pain.

Don’t be a Michal, leave judgement to the Lord!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment