Monday, January 1, 2018

The first day of the rest of your life. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Do you make New Years resolutions? I don't, haven't in years. I figure anything I wanted to change from yesterday, I can change today, no matter the date. I'm not faithful at praying for this but when I remember, I pray "Lord, reveal to me the things in my life you desire me to change and give me Your strength to make those changes." 

The last couple of months have been hard for me. I'm glad 2017 is over but I'm apprehensive of 2018. I lost three really good friends in 2017. And although I know they are with Jesus, I miss them. Just in the last couple of weeks I thought "I need to call Sandy" and then realized I couldn't. My neighbor lost her husband suddenly and we had her over for dinner the other night. While she was here, I received a call that Sandy's husband Ken had died. His Parkinson's had take his identity and then his life. 

There were highlights in 2017 too. I started working in the church office first a few hours a week now two days a week plus filling in for vacations. I am also now the Nursery Coordinator at church and love serving the Lord in this capacity. 

We finished most of the major projects on our little house in the woods and hosted a fabulous family reunion in August. I was able to spend time with my step mom and step sister when they stayed with us for the reunion and made a lot of new friends here in Gaylord. 

As we push off into this new year, stay close to the Lord, follow His lead and remember to ask Him what He desires you to change, not just on January 1st but every first day of the rest of your life. 

2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment