Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Revelation 2-Are you listening?

To the Church in Thyatira
(Acts 16:11-15)
18To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like a blazing fire and whose feet are like polished bronze.
19I know your deeds—your love, your faith, your service, your perseverance—and your latter deeds are greater than your first.
20But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads My servants to be sexually immoral and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21Even though I have given her time to repent of her immorality, she is unwilling.
22Behold, I will cast her onto a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her will suffer great tribulation unless they repent of her deeds. 23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
24But I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned the so-called deep things of Satan: I will place no further burden upon you. 25Nevertheless, hold fast to what you have until I come. 26And to the one who is victorious and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations. 27He will rule them with an iron scepter and shatter them like potterya—just as I have received authority from My Father. 28And I will give him the morning star.
29He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. 

Acts 16:14Among those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. .....

The son of God; His eyes looked with penetrating judgment and feet like fine brass would be strong and unmovable.

“The center of the corruption at the church at Thyatira was a woman Jesus called Jezebel. This may not have been her literal name, but a title that clearly represented a self-styled prophetess within the church, after the pattern of Jezebel in the Old Testament (1 Kings 16-21 and 2 Kings 9:30-37).” (Guzik)

Jezebel was an immoral and ungodly woman leading Christians astray into the deep things of Satan. She was unwilling to repent so Jesus was going to strike her down with sickness. 

He is giving her followers time to repent but if they refuse He will strike them down. 
Jezebel was polluting the church!
Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.

Jesus gives them encouragement to hold fast and to be victorious and He will give them a prize, the morning star.
Revelation 22:16“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”

Jesus is the morning star!
Jesus (Messiah) will one day rule over the whole earth.

Their ears are closed!

“He who has an ear, let him hear”...
Jeremiah 6:10 To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the LORD is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it.

Don’t let the Jezebel’s of this world lead you astray into the deep things of Satan!

Are you listening?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment