Thursday, November 2, 2023

Judges 11:29 Source of Courage, Advance!

29Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed through Gilead and Manasseh, then through Mizpah of Gilead. And from there he advanced against the Ammonites.


Source of Courage, Advance!

Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah: This was the source of Jephthah’s courage and can be the source of courage for us as well. When we are beset by fears and anxieties, we need to fill our lives with Jesus and be filled with the Holy Spirit. (Guzik)


He advanced toward the people of Ammon: The filling of the Spirit makes us advance. We go forward in the sense of spiritual progress and we go forward in the sense of confronting the enemies of God. (Guzik)


As I grow old I find that my fear of doing tasks increases, almost as if it’s a protective mechanism. The Lord gave me a great mechanical ability to fix things at an early age and if I didn’t know how to do something I would research and dive right in and complete the task. Now in my golden years, I research and question my ability to perform the task as if a fear sets in and I ask myself, can I do this? 

So I pray about it and lift up my fear to the Lord and ask Him to help me. 

He is my source of courage! The filling of the Spirit makes me advance! 

I may not be as fast as I was in my youth and my arthritis may slow me down but I still advance! Also I’m grateful for a younger brother who helps in my time of need and a loving wife who encourages me to move forward.


Is the Lord your source of courage? And…..

Have you experienced the filling of the Spirit?

Blessings 


https://www.gotquestions.org/Spirit-filled.html



No comments:

Post a Comment