Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Joshua 14:6-9 Wholly followed the LORD my God

 6Then the sons of Judah approached Joshua at Gilgal, and Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, “You know what the LORD said to Moses the man of God at Kadesh-barnea about you and me. 7I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh-barnea to spy out the land, and I brought back to him an honest report.

8Although my brothers who went with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear, I remained loyal to the LORD my God. 9On that day Moses swore to me, saying, ‘Surely the land on which you have set foot will be an inheritance to you and your children forever, because you have wholly followed the LORD my God.’


“wholly followed the LORD my God”


Numbers 13: 30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, "Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it." 


Deu 1:35-36 NKJV - 35 'Surely not one of these men of this evil generation shall see that good land of which I swore to give to your fathers, 36 'except Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him and his children I am giving the land on which he walked, because he wholly followed the LORD.'


What a legacy for Caleb, “wholly followed the LORD my God”.


Can this be said about us? To be honest there are times we have wholly followed the LORD my God and there are times not so much but there are times, not at all! 


Dear Heavenly Father, please give us the courage, wisdom and strength of Caleb so that we can wholeheartedly follow You, the LORD my God! Let our yes be yes! In the name of Jesus we pray, amen.

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment