Thursday, January 26, 2023

Joshua 4:8-9 I Will Carry You!

 8So the [twelve men chosen from the] sons of Israel did as Joshua commanded, and took up twelve stones out of the midst of the Jordan, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Israel, just as the LORD had spoken to Joshua; and they carried them over with them to the place where they were spending the night and put them down there. 9Then Joshua set up [a second monument of] twelve stones in the midst of the Jordan at the place where the feet of the priests who carried the ark of the covenant were standing, and they are there to this day.


I Will Carry You!

Those twelve men carried those stones (boulders) on their shoulders and set them up as a memorial where they spent the night! Then another memorial of twelve stones (boulders) was set up in the midst of the Jordan so it could be seen in the dry season when the waters receded!


When the Lord works wonders in our lives, how many times do we thank Him and then move on?


I had a big repair recently, something broke and I needed to rebuild part of it or replace an assembly. Replacing required a retrofit and being it was thirty years old I decided on the later. After researching, ordering and waiting for the shipment the day finally came for the installation and retrofit. Then came the big moment of flipping on the breaker, a brief moment of a motor turning and then a hum. The new assembly had a defect and required a warranty exchange but that would take weeks so I opted to purchased another assembly and warranty the defective assembly. The warranty return authorization was granted and they only wanted the labels from the unit. After sleeping on it the Lord gave me the confidence that I could repair the defective new unit. I removed the assembly, disassembled and found the defect! I devised a modification for the repair and reinstalled the unit. The “fix” of the new unit took 4.5 hours from start to finish.

God is great and I continually am thanking Him today!


The Lord may not require us to set up a stone memorial when He works wonders in our lives but we should be continually thankful to Him for our abilities, His guidance, carrying us and our salvation!


Isaiah 46: 4Even to your old age I am He, And even to your advanced old age I will carry you! I have made you, and I will carry you; Be assured I will carry you and I will save you.


Blessings 


No comments:

Post a Comment