Friday, August 19, 2022

Deuteronomy 23:7-8 Do Not Despise

 7Do not despise an Edomite, for he is your brother. Do not despise an Egyptian, because you lived as a foreigner in his land. 8The third generation of children born to them may enter the assembly of the LORD.


Esau was the father of the Edomite peoples.


“Interestingly, one of the most famous Edomites in history was abhorred by Israel - Herod the Great. Many of his spectacular building projects in Judea were intended to not only glorify his own name, but to win the favor of the Jews who despised him as an Edomite.” (Guzik)


“Egypt was like a mother’s womb for Israel; they went in as a large family and came out as a distinct nation.” (Guzik)


Do not despise says the Lord but then why do we do it? 

I’m sure we’re all guilty of despising at one time or another. I remember in kindergarten we were standing in line getting ready to be dismissed and I had a 45 record I brought for show and tell. A girl in front of me evidently despised me for some unknown reason and grabbed the record out of my hands and broke it. I definitely despised her after that!


Do you still despise someone?

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment