Monday, August 15, 2022

Deuteronomy 22:30 Stretching the Boundaries of Sin

 30A man is not to marry his father’s wife, so that he will not dishonor his father’s marriage bed.


1 Corinthians 5: 1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is intolerable even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have been stricken with grief and have removed from your fellowship the man who did this?


This was probably in reference to a step wife. But we can see in Corinthians the church had accepted it and Paul found it necessary to rebuke it.


Why does the heart ❤️ of man stretch the boundaries of sin?


Paul found it hard too! 

Romans 7: 14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.


Did you get that? “but it is sin living in me that does it.

Lord, let us examine our hearts today, show us the sin living in us so we can rebuke it. Please help us to cast it at the foot of the cross and give us the heart ❤️ of Your Son, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment