Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Deuteronomy 23:1-2 All means all!

 1No man with crushed or severed genitals may enter the assembly of the LORD.

2No one of illegitimate birth may enter the assembly of the LORD, nor may any of his descendants, even to the tenth generation.


“Poole suggests that the idea of the assembly of the LORD is the leadership, or the rulers of Israel. These people were barred not from the religious life of Israel, but from the political life of the nation. Trapp agrees, saying on shall not enter the assembly of the LORD: “Shall not go in and out before the people as a public officer.” Clarke adds, “If by entering into the congregation be meant the bearing a civil office among the people, such as magistrate, judge, &c., then the reason of the law is very plain.”” (Guzik)


Isaiah 56: 3Let no foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say,

“The LORD will utterly exclude me from His people.”

And let the eunuch not say,

“I am but a dry tree.”

4For this is what the LORD says:

“To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,

who choose what pleases Me

and hold fast to My covenant—

5I will give them, in My house and within My walls,

a memorial and a name

better than that of sons and daughters.

I will give them an everlasting name

that will not be cut off.


Psalm 86:5 For You, O Lord, are kind and forgiving, rich in loving devotion to all who call on You.


All means all an that’s what all means.

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment