Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Numbers 36:1-2 Inheritance

 1Now the family heads of the clan of Gilead son of Machir son of Manasseh, one of the clans of Joseph, approached Moses and the leaders who were the heads of the Israelite families and addressed them, 2saying, “When the LORD commanded my lord to give the land as an inheritance to the Israelites by lot, He also commanded him to give the inheritance of our brother Zelophehad to his daughters. 


Inheritance 

“This passage is a reference back to Numbers 27:1-11, where the daughters of Zelophehad were concerned that their father’s inheritance would vanish, because there were no sons in their family.

God, through Moses, declared that if a father has no sons, the inheritance can then go to the daughters.” (Guzik)


I have a stained glass lamp that is over our dining table that was my fathers. He worked with a gentleman that made it for him out of oak and 100 year old stained glass from a church and in exchange my father made him an opal ring for his wife. I consider it my inheritance from my father.


Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment