Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Deuteronomy 1:19-21 Moses and I Remember!

 19“Then, just as the LORD our God commanded us, we left Mount Sinai and traveled through the great and terrifying wilderness, as you yourselves remember, and headed toward the hill country of the Amorites. When we arrived at Kadesh-barnea, 20I said to you, ‘You have now reached the hill country of the Amorites that the LORD our God is giving us. 21Look! He has placed the land in front of you. Go and occupy it as the LORD, the God of your ancestors, has promised you. Don’t be afraid! Don’t be discouraged!’


Moses Remembers 

“After seeing God’s faithfulness in enabling them to cross the land of the Amorites, Moses was ready to lead the nation into Canaan.

This encouragement was important because this was the critical moment for Israel. They were a little more than a year out of Egypt and ready to go into the Promised Land. It was there before them, ready for them to take by faith if they would not fear or be discouraged.” (Guzik)


I remember, while hunting this past week as I’ve been sitting in a deer blind looking at trees, nature, squirrels, rain, snow, sleet, turkeys and whitetail deer, (doe’s). 

It’s given me time also like Moses to reflect and to remember my past failures (sin) and accomplishments. 

And it suddenly dawned on me, why haven’t I been praying 🙏

So I started praying! 

We also need to remember Gods faithfulness!

If you haven’t, I encourage you to start. Do not fear or be discouraged!


Blessings



No comments:

Post a Comment