Saturday, November 20, 2021

Deuteronomy 1:16-18 Judges

 16At that time I charged your judges: “Hear the disputes between your brothers, and judge fairly between a man and his brother or a foreign resident. 17Show no partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be intimidated by anyone, for judgment belongs to God. And bring to me any case too difficult for you, and I will hear it.”

18And at that time I commanded you all the things you were to do.


In the news yesterday was the trial and the verdict of a young man who defended himself and was forced to kill two assailants and wound another. The judge was charged with keeping law and order in the courtroom which at times wasn’t easy.


I am reminded by 

Isiah 10: 1What sorrow awaits the unjust judges

and those who issue unfair laws.

2They deprive the poor of justice

and deny the rights of the needy among my people.

They prey on widows

and take advantage of orphans.

3What will you do when I punish you,

when I send disaster upon you from a distant land?


The same could be said of prosecutors that prosecute the innocent!

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment