Monday, January 18, 2021

You are now mortal! 1 Corinthians 15:52-55

 You are now mortal!


When my father died a good friend emailed me and said “you are now mortal”!

I replied and asked for an explanation and he said that my father was the last of his generation and I was next, you are now mortal!


Now that I’m older I can actually see what my friend was referring to. I wish I was a better son a better husband, better in school, better in friendships, a better christian, a better man. As my body ages I see my mortality, I can see an end coming to my life on this earth.


But I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 15: 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: 

“Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

55“Where, O Death, is your victory?

Where, O Death, is your sting?”


I look forward to going home, to being with Jesus in heaven.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment