Sunday, January 24, 2021

I am, He is Jude 1:1

 I want to spend more time studying and reading the Bible but have struggled with where to go. Old Testament? New Testament? Gospels, Prophets, Letters, history, Law? 

When I take my walks with Joy I often listen to Bible Teachings I have downloaded on my phone. One of my favorite Pastors is Ed Taylor from Calvary Chapel in Aurora Colorado. I’ve been listening to his teaching in Hebrews. The other day he mentioned Jude was the shortest book in the Bible. Jokingly he said “Go home today and read Jude. Then you can boast you read a whole book in one day.” 

I thought that was a fine idea. The reading part, not the boasting. 

Jude was the half brother of Jesus. Yes, Jesus had siblings. In Matthew 13:55 we learn about His immediate family. “ ‘Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t His mother’s name Mary, and aren’t His brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Aren’t all His sisters with us?”

So Jude, being the half brother of Jesus could have been the ultimate name dropper of all time. If Jesus was in your immediate family, wouldn’t you boast about it? 

Are you? Boasting about it that is. Because you are. He is. A member of your immediate family that is. 

The Bible tells us in John 1:12 we are adopted into His family. “But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God.”

So go out and boast about it! I am! He is! Because I am a child of God. 


Jude 1:1 This letter is from Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ and a brother of James.

I am writing to all who have been called by God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ.

In His Name, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment