Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Leviticus 20:22-27 Nations, Set Apart and Distinguish!

 22You are therefore to keep all My statutes and ordinances, so that the land where I am bringing you to live will not vomit you out. 23You must not follow the statutes of the nations I am driving out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.

24But I have told you that you will inherit their land, since I will give it to you as an inheritance—a land flowing with milk and honey. I am the LORD your God, who has set you apart from the peoples.

25You are therefore to distinguish between clean and unclean animals and birds. Do not become contaminated by any animal or bird, or by anything that crawls on the ground; I have set these apart as unclean for you. 26You are to be holy to Me because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be My own.

27A man or a woman who is a medium or spiritist must surely be put to death. They shall be stoned; their blood is upon them.’ ”


Nations (Canaanites), set apart and distinguish!


Some of us might think it was cruel to drive them out of their homes and land but look at why! “Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.”


“I have told you that you will inherit their land, since I will give it to you as an inheritance”.... this is why He has set them apart from the peoples! (From the rest of the world, from the gentiles)


“distinguish between clean and unclean animals and birds.” “Do not become contaminated by any animal or bird, or by anything that crawls on the ground;”

“You are to be holy to Me because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart (distinguished) from the nations to be My own.”

You are to be holy! 


The same is true with Christians! We are set apart, distinguished, marked and adopted into His family as His children (My own.) 

The Holy Spirit is in us!


Are you set apart and distinguished as one of His own?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment