Monday, October 19, 2020

Leviticus 19:32 Show Respect!

 32You are to rise in the presence of the elderly, honor the aged, and fear your God. I am the LORD. BSB


"'Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD. NIV


“Stand up in the presence of the elderly, and show respect for the aged. Fear your God. I am the LORD. NLT


We’ve read about it in the news or seen the videos of an elderly person walking the streets in NYC and a young man walking up from behind and punching them in the side of their head knocking them to the ground and seriously injuring them.

We wonder, what’s wrong with the world?

How have we’ve gone from respecting to assaulting?


My father in law used to say, “the world has gone to hell in a hand basket”!


I’m unsure where this phrase originated from.














I remember being taught to respect the elderly and stand up when an elderly person entered the room.

Were you taught this command?


Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment