Friday, October 16, 2020

Leviticus 19:23-25 Maturing Fruit!

 23When you enter the land and plant any kind of tree for food, you shall regard the fruit as forbidden. For three years it will be forbidden to you and must not be eaten. 24In the fourth year all its fruit must be consecrated as a praise offering to the LORD. 25But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit; thus your harvest will be increased. I am the LORD your God.


“The reason for this law is not stated, but it does reinforce to the Israelites that the land is the Lord’s and that he is giving it to them as a gift.” (Rooker)


Most gardening books stress the importance with young apple trees of picking off any fruit lets that form in the first few years after planting. The reason for this is to encourage the tree to develop its full branch framework before fruiting begins. 7”


First fruit (@ maturity) are the Lords. 

Nehemiah 10:35 We promise to bring the first part of every harvest to the LORD’s Temple year after year—whether it be a crop from the soil or from our fruit trees.


There is also a spiritual application, the disciples walked with Jesus three years while learning and maturing in the faith. It wasn’t until the resurrection did they fully understand and came into spiritual maturity.


Paul (Saul) comes to mind during his conversion.


Galatians 1: 15But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace, was pleased 16to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not rush to consult with flesh and blood, 17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to the apostles who came before me, but I went into Arabia and later returned to Damascus.

18Only after three years did I go up to Jerusalem to confer with Cephas, and I stayed with him fifteen days.


I will keep maturing in the faith until I leave this earth.

Will you?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment