Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Leviticus 19:35-37 Dishonest Measures!

 35You must not use dishonest measures of length, weight, or volume. 36You shall maintain honest scales and weights, an honest ephah,e and an honest hin.f I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.

37You must keep all My statutes and all My ordinances and follow them. I am the LORD.”


36 e An ephah  is a dry measure of approximately 20 dry quarts or 22 liters.

36 f A hin  is a liquid measure of approximately 0.97 gallons or 3.67 liters.


 Dishonest measures!

We’ve all been there and been shorted in measures during our lifetime, either unintentional or intentional, by man or automated equipment.


Recently I purchased a big bag of Snickers, bite size and had a handful of the candy that were prematurely cut and improperly sealed. I called them and gave them the lot number, plant and date from the package. They eventually mailed me coupons for free products as a replacement.


But have we’ve been on the other end and intentionally performed dishonest measures? Shorted someone in length, weight, volume or quantity? 

The Lord is telling us in this verses “you must not” which tells us it’s a sin.


Thank God we have Jesus to take away our sins. 

It’s best we keep short accounts with Him on a daily basis.


Lord I’m sorry I committed (this) sin today, please forgive me and help me not to commit this sin again. In Jesus name I pray.


Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment