Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Hold On. 2 Timothy 1:5-7 NLT

Paul's first ministry trip to Lystra ended with him being stoned and left for dead outside the city. (Acts14:16-20) The second time he went there he met Timothy. (Acts 16:2-5) Timothy had come to faith through his Grandmother and Mother. Paul and Timothy's relationship became an inspiration to believers even today. 

I don't know about you but if I had been run out of town by an angry mob, I would not be inclined to return there. Seriously, would you? Even if God told you to go back, would you willingly go? I'd probably behave more like Jonah and get on a ship headed in the opposite direction. 

Oh, to have faith like Paul. To be that obedient, that willing, that surrendered to the Savior. Going where God tells me to go, doing what God tells me to do, without reservation, without rebellion.

"Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord".  Romans 7:24-25a  
That's why Paul is telling Timothy and us that "God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. But we need to " Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you. 1 Timothy 11b-12a. 

2 Timothy 1:5-7 NLT
5 I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.  6This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you.  7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment