Thursday, October 4, 2018

Genesis 8:20-22 Never Again

Noah Builds an Altar
20Then Noah built an altar to the LORD. Taking from every kind of clean animal and clean bird, He offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21When the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma, He said in His heart, “Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from his youth. And never again will I destroy all living creatures as I have done.
22As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
shall never cease.”

Why would Noah build an alter and offer a sacrifice after spending a year playing a zookeeper, cleaning up waste and having to deal with the odor of it all?

Because he was thankful that the Lord spared him and his family and gave them a new world. 

God made a promise, “Never again will I curse the ground because of man”....
“And never again will I destroy all living creatures as I have done.”

God also has made a promise to everyone who accepts His Son as their Lord and Savior. 

Are you holding on to the promise of His Son? 


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment