Friday, October 26, 2018

Do Your Job! Proverbs 6:6-11 NLT

There's a balance between work and rest. I know some who rest too much and some who work too much. I think what's important is a good work ethic. Do you give your employer their money's worth?

I recently started a new job and was told when I come in to work to prepare myself to walk out to the sales floor before I punched in. When leaving at the end of my shift to punch out first, then prepare myself to leave. I was also told to be on time and "mind my own business". If I see someone "abusing the time clock, don't worry about it, they get found out eventually." No one likes a snitch.

Colossians 3:23 tells us to "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." Wouldn't it be great if everyone did their job "as though you were working for the Lord"?

I'm back in the secular work world after many years away from it. I pray I will be an example of Jesus in the workplace and I pray I will be a good example of Colossians 3:23.

6 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones.
Learn from their ways and become wise!
7 Though they have no prince
or governor or ruler to make them work,
8 they labor hard all summer,
gathering food for the winter.
9 But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep?
When will you wake up?
10 A little extra sleep, a little more slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest—
11 then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit;
scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.


Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment