Tuesday, October 9, 2018

God Shook Me Up. 2 Timothy 1:8-12 NLT

I had it pretty cushy. I worked in the church, I served in the church, my friends with very few exceptions were part of the church. It's a little hard to share the Gospel when everyone you rub shoulders with already believes! 
So God shook me up. 

I lost that cushy church job because of "reorganization of staff". I LOVED that job! It was safe, and quiet, and just right. Right hours, right people, right atmosphere. At first I was devastated. I was forced at 56 and a half to go back out into the cold, cruel world and look for another job.  I figured my prospects weren't very good. Who would want to hire a middle-aged women with limited skills? I'm not a computer geek, I'm not a wiz on a keyboard, what did I have to offer? I felt useless, unwanted and unneeded. 

To my surprise (and delight), I found another job rather quickly. I'm finding I enjoy this new job, the company I work for and the people I work with. I enjoy talking to the customers and I'm adjusting to working more hours (which I wanted). I don't mind the crazy schedule or working evenings or weekends. 
Sometimes we get too comfortable, too complacent, too......lazy. And God has to shake us up! 

2 Timothy 1:8-12 NLT 
8 So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for Him. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News.  9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was His plan from before the beginning of time—to show us His grace through Christ Jesus.  10 And now He has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior. He broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News.  11 And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News. 
12 That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard what I have  entrusted to Him until the day of His return. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment