Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Revelation 21-It is Done!

6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life. 7The one who is victorious will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.
8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.”

It is done!
Ephesians 1:10 (NKJV)
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,”
Alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.
Jesus as the beginning and end of all things is a reference to no one but the true God.
Isaiah 44:6 (ESV)
6  Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.

“To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life.”

“What does a thirsty man do to get rid of his thirst? He drinks. Perhaps there is no better representation of faith in all the Word of God than that. To drink is to receive-to take in the refreshing draught-and that is all. A man’s face may be unwashed, but yet he can drink; he may be a very unworthy character, but yet a draught of water will remove his thirst. Drinking is such a remarkably easy thing, it is even more simple than eating.” (Spurgeon)

“and I will be his God, and he will be My son.”
Jeremiah 24:7
'I will give them a heart to know Me, for I am the LORD; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart.

8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur.”

Cowardly, afraid to take the step in the faith of Jesus Christ.

Unbelieving, not believing in the One True God.

Abominable, moral revulsion, very bad.

Sexually immoral, “the “selling off” of sexual purity and involves any type of sexual expression outside the boundaries of a biblically defined marriage relationship”.

Sorcerers, a person who claims to have magic powers.  

Idolaters, a person who worships an idol or idols.

Liars, a person who tells lies or a person who doesn’t tell the truth.

And if you say, thank God I’m not one of these, remember the phrase, 
And the like.....
Galatians 5:21 and envy; drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God

“their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur.”

Where will your place be?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment