Friday, March 30, 2018

Pre Paid Burial Plan. Genesis 47:27-41 NLT

The Pastor at my previous church use to say " The statistics on death are staggering, one out of every one person dies. "
Or how about this one I heard recently; "Studies show that people who celebrate more birthdays live longer." 
I am discovering I do not like death. When I think about it, I wonder what everyone is so afraid of. If you are saved, you know where you are going. If you don't know where your going, you better get believing! I look forward to the day I wake up and meet Jesus face to face! No, my death doesn't bother me. It's everyone I love dying around me I don't like. 
My  nephew and Dad died just two months apart in 2013. In 2014 my father in law died. Last Mothers Day, my dearest friend Sandy died. Seven months later her husband Ken died. Last Tuesday my 94 year old Aunt died. I've told myself all the cliches, she had a good long life, she's in a better place, she is no longer suffering but still, I will miss her. 
So I am clinging to the memories. Her cottage on the shore of Lake Huron and the summers I spent there with my cousins. The big black Lincoln she always drove. The box of toys that was always in the closet for us to play with when we came to visit. The big bowl of match books she had collected from all over the world on her travels. Her love of cats and her love for her nieces and nephews. 
Please pray for her husband Don who survives her and my Aunt Jeanette, her younger sister. And please pray for safe travels for David and I when we drive downstate next week for the funeral. Thanks. 

Genesis 47:27-41 NLT 
27 Meanwhile, the people of Israel settled in the region of Goshen in Egypt. There they acquired property, and they were fruitful, and their population grew rapidly.  28 Jacob lived for seventeen years after his arrival in Egypt, so he lived 147 years in all. 
29 As the time of his death drew near, Jacob called for his son Joseph and said to him, “Please do me this favor. Put your hand under my thigh and swear that you will treat me with unfailing love by honoring this last request: Do not bury me in Egypt.  30When I die, please take my body out of Egypt and bury me with my ancestors.” 
So Joseph promised, “I will do as you ask.” 
31 “Swear that you will do it,” Jacob insisted. So Joseph gave his oath, and Jacob bowed humbly at the head of his bed. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment