Monday, June 27, 2016

John 3:1-2 Darkness or Light?

John 3:1-2
There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
Nicodemus came to Jesus at night, under the cover of darkness. He did not want to be seen. He was a Pharisees, a religious leader of the time. To be seen with Jesus would only validate Jesus as the Messiah and the Pharisees couldn't let that happen. They had their reputation to think of! Their pride got in the way. They represented themselves as knowing everything about the Bible yet didn't believe Jesus could be the Messiah. Jesus didn't fit their idea of who the Savior should be. 
Nicodemus states "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God". He acknowledges Jesus as a teacher and that He has come from God. He knows this, he believes this to be true. Yet he has some doubt or he would not have come under darkness of night. Nicodemus also used the word "we". Who is the "we"? We're there other Pharisees who believed but were afraid to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah? 
Are you afraid to publicly acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah? Is He part of your every day or someone you call on only when things get tough? Do your family and friends know you love Jesus or do you keep Him to yourself? Are you seeking Him in darkness or worshipping Him in the light? 
Jesus said in Matthew 10:32 Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. 33But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven.
When I die, I want Jesus to introduce me to His and my Father God. I don't want to hear Him say "I never knew you; depart from Me" Matthew 7:23 

What about you?
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment