Thursday, March 7, 2024

Ruth 3:12-13 Really of the Lord

 ”Now it is true that I am a close relative; however, there is a relative closer than I. Stay this night, and in the morning it shall be that if he will perform the duty of a close relative for you—good; let him do it. But if he does not want to perform the duty for you, then I will perform the duty for you, as the Lord lives! Lie down until morning.” Ruth‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


a. There is a relative closer than I: Apparently, though Boaz was a recognized goel towards Ruth, there was another goel closer in relation to her deceased father-in-law Elimelech. So, Boaz could not exercise his right as kinsman-redeemer unless this closer kinsman-redeemer relinquished his rights towards Ruth.


b. If he does not want to perform the duty for you, then I will perform the duty for you: Wonderfully, Boaz wasn’t willing to cut corners. He would do God’s will God’s way. He knew that if it was really of the LORD, then it could be done orderly and in a proper way.


Really of the Lord 

God speaks to us in many ways, in the Bible when we are studying His word, in our thoughts by placing a thought in our mind and from messengers, but how do we know that’s it’s really of the Lord?


”Therefore Eli said to Samuel, “Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, ‘Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears.’ ” So Samuel went and lay down in his place. Now the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel answered, “Speak, for Your servant hears.”

‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭3‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


We have to be willing like Samuel to say, “Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears.” 


I was at church once and had someone I didn’t know, approach me and say that he had a message for me from the Lord. I was skeptical at first, but listened to the message.

Pastor Robert has always said when someone gives him a message from the Lord that if it’s true it will come to fruition, ie it will happen.

And it came to pass, that the message I received came true!


Has the Lord ever spoken to you?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment