Wednesday, March 27, 2024

1 Samuel 1:15-18 Poured out my soul before the Lord!

 But Hannah answered and said, “No, my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD. “Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman, for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken until now.” Then Eli answered and said, “Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.” And she said, “Let your maidservant find favor in your sight.” So the woman went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad.


a. No, my lord: Hannah did not accept Eli’s accusation, but she did not respond in a haughty or arrogant tone. She would explain herself, but she did it remembering that he was her high priest.


b. Have poured out my soul before the LORD: This is exactly what Hannah needed to do. Instead of keeping the bitterness of soul and the anguish in her heart, she poured it out of her soul before the LORD.


c. The God of Israel grant your petition: Eli may have spoken this only as a kind wish, but it was in fact a word from the LORD.


d. Her face was no longer sad: The change in Hannah’s countenance shows that she received the promise with faith, something necessary if we will inherit the promises of God (Hebrews 6:12).

i. Hannah shows how we can regain the joy of fellowship in the house of the LORD again: by pouring out our heart before the LORD and by receiving His word with faith.


Poured out my soul before the Lord!

B.I.B.L.E.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!

The Bible is full of godly instructions and Hanna’s experience has given us instructions what to do when we are deeply distressed, pour out your soul before the Lord!


I have and when it’s within His will, He answers!

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment