Thursday, March 28, 2024

1 Samuel 1:19-20 Faith and Patience

 ”Then they rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord, and returned and came to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her. So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the Lord.”“ ‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭1‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


a. Then they rose early in the morning and worshiped: Hannah could genuinely worship the LORD in faith while the promise was still not yet fulfilled. This is a glorious pattern of faith.


b. And the LORD remembered her: To use the term remembered is an anthropomorphism, a way of explaining God’s actions in human terms that we can understand, even if it doesn’t perfectly describe God’s action. It isn’t as if God ever forgot Hannah, but it is proper to say He remembered her.


c. It came to pass in the process of time: It didn’t happen right away. Hannah had reason enough to be discouraged, but when the promise of God was spoken she did not lose faith in the promise, even when it took some time. She is a great example of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises (Hebrews 6:12). (Guzik)


”that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.“ Hebrews‬ ‭6‬:‭12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


Patience is not an easy thing for us! It wasn’t easy for Abraham and Sarah but Hannah had a promise to patiently lean on and didn’t loose faith. 

I once prayed for patience and with that prayer the Lord taught me what patience really was by testing me to my limits!


With my faith in Jesus, I hang on patiently to the promise of what is to come! My home is not of this earth but in heaven and when I take my last breath on earth it will be my first breath in heaven!


When you take your last breath on earth, will your first breath be in heaven or where the rich man ended up?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment