Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Judges 15:1-3 Bad Choices

 1Later on, at the time of the wheat harvest, Samson took a young goat and went to visit his wife. “I want to go to my wife in her room,” he said. But her father would not let him enter.

2“I was sure that you thoroughly hated her,” said her father, “so I gave her to one of the men who accompanied you. Is not her younger sister more beautiful than she? Please take her instead.”

3Samson said to them, “This time I will be blameless in doing harm to the Philistines.”


I really thought that you thoroughly hated her: “It’s hard to know why Samson’s father-in-law thought that Samson hated his wife. Perhaps this was just an excuse to explain why he did what he did; or perhaps Samson’s Philistine wife poisoned her father’s opinion of Samson (Judges 14:16).” (Guzik)


This time I shall be blameless regarding the Philistines if I harm them: “God used Samson’s ungodly anger for His purposes. As Psalm 76:10 says, Surely the wrath of man shall praise You. This doesn’t justify Samson’s anger, but it shows the glory and power of God to use all things to His purposes.” (Guzik)


Bad Choices 

Samson’s problem was he made bad choices in selecting a pagan, ungodly woman for a wife. He also had an anger problem. With all the sinful issues and bad choices Samson had, God still used him!

This gives us hope because of the bad choices we have made in life , God loves us and can use us for His kingdom. I look back on my life and wish I could have done things differently and not made bad choices! That’s actually good because it’s the Holy Spirit that gives us a conscience. And it’s Jesus that gives us grace and forgiveness.


Have you made bad choices like Samson and myself?

If so, lift the up to the cross and be forgiven through the blood of Jesus.

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment