Friday, November 18, 2022

Deuteronomy 31:19-22 A Song A Witness!

 19Now therefore, write down for yourselves this song and teach it to the Israelites; have them recite it, so that it may be a witness for Me against them. 20When I have brought them into the land that I swore to give their fathers, a land flowing with milk and honey, they will eat their fill and prosper. Then they will turn to other gods and worship them, and they will reject Me and break My covenant. 21And when many troubles and afflictions have come upon them, this song will testify against them, because it will not be forgotten from the lips of their descendants. For I know their inclination, even before I bring them into the land that I swore to give them.”

22So that very day Moses wrote down this song and taught it to the Israelites.


A Song A Witness 

“Yet this was a strange national anthem, because the purpose of this anthem was to testify against them as a witness. God knew that words are more memorable when set to music, so He told Moses to compose the sermon in a song found in the following chapter, Deuteronomy 32.” (Guzik)


I never was musically talented except in my youth prior to my voice change! I have come to the belief that the reason the worship music is so loud is because they are trying to cover up my singing!

So if you heard me sing a memorable song you’d be a testifying witness that I can’t sing! ðŸ˜‡

Do you have a memorable song that you learned the words to so you wouldn’t forget like the Israelites?

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment