Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Deuteronomy 5:17 Murder

17You shall not murder.f


Cited in Matthew 5:21Matthew 19:18Mark 10:19Luke 18:20Romans 13:9, and James 2:11


Murder

In other versions of the Bible this commandment says, thou shall not kill. I was conflicted by this version because in the Old Testament the Lord ordered people kill and this version is contrary to what’s written in the OT. 

I believe the Lord distinguishes between murder and killing and many pastors that teach and preach the scriptures will explain to you that you have an obligation to protect your family if evil breaks down your door. 


I thank the Lord for Jesus because I have broken this commandment, there have been many times I’ve murdered someone in my heart ❤️!


Matthew 15: 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, and slander.


Are you guilty of murder too?

Blessings 


https://www.gotquestions.org/you-shall-not-murder.html






No comments:

Post a Comment