Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Deuteronomy 5:1-3 Their Covenant-New Covenant

 1Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them:

Hear, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances that I declare in your hearing this day. Learn them and observe them carefully. 2The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb.

3He did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with all of us who are alive here today.


Their Covenant 

“In fact, the covenant was originally made with the previous generation, and Moses did not deny this. But he drove the point home: This was their covenant; it is a covenant of the living, not of the dead.” (Guzik)


New Covenant 

Ezekiel 36: 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances.


Blessings 


What is the New Covenant?

No comments:

Post a Comment