Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Deuteronomy 2:8-9 Moabites

 8So we passed by our brothers, the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. We turned away from the Arabah road, which comes up from Elath and Ezion-geber, and traveled along the road of the Wilderness of Moab. 9Then the LORD said to me, “Do not harass the Moabites or provoke them to war, for I will not give you any of their land, because I have given Ar to the descendants of Lot as their possession.”


Moabites

“The Moabites were also distant relatives to Israel; they descended from Lot, who was the nephew of Abraham. And as with Edom, God did not want Israel to harass Moab, nor contend with them in battle - their land was not the land God intended to give Israel.” (Guzik)

“One of the more famous Moabites in the Bible was Ruth. She was a Moabite woman who married an Israelite man and became grandmother to King David and one of the ancestors of the Messiah.” (Guzik)


Have you ever read the Book of Ruth? The Lord blessed her because of her loyalty to Naomi and because she put her trust in the Lord.

Ruth 1: 16But Ruth replied:

“Do not urge me to leave you

or to turn from following you.

For wherever you go, I will go,

and wherever you live, I will live;

your people will be my people,

and your God will be my God.

17Where you die, I will die,

and there I will be buried.

May the LORD punish me,

and ever so severely,

if anything but death

separates you and me.”


Do you put your trust in the Lord?

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment