Thursday, December 2, 2021

Deuteronomy 1:41-46 Consequences

 41“We have sinned against the LORD,” you replied. “We will go up and fight, as the LORD our God has commanded us.” Then each of you put on his weapons of war, thinking it easy to go up into the hill country.

42But the LORD said to me, “Tell them not to go up and fight, for I am not with you to keep you from defeat by your enemies.”

43So I spoke to you, but you would not listen. You rebelled against the command of the LORD and presumptuously went up into the hill country.

44Then the Amorites who lived in the hills came out against you and chased you like a swarm of bees. They routed you from Seir all the way to Hormah. 45And you returned and wept before the LORD, but He would not listen to your voice or give ear to you.

46For this reason you stayed in Kadesh for a long time—a very long time.


Consequences 

“After hearing the consequences of their rejection of God, Israel had a change of heart. Yet they went forth in the flesh and not in faith, because God did not lead them.” (Guzik)


“They did this in the midst of their supposed repentance. Their sorrow was not over grieving the heart of God but over forty more years in the wilderness. God therefore saw through their shallow repentance.” (Guzik)


Why do we sin? My pastor says if you say, I don’t sin that you just lied ðŸ¤¥ so you sinned!

Paul struggled too!

Romans 7: 21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.

24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!


I am a wretched man! Are you?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment