Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Numbers 28:1-8 Commanded and Convicted at its appointed time!

1Then the LORD said to Moses, 2“Command the Israelites and say to them: See that you present to Me at its appointed time the food for My offerings by fire, as a pleasing aroma to Me.

3And tell them that this is the offering made by fire you are to present to the LORD as a regular burnt offering each day: two unblemished year-old male lambs. 4Offer one lamb in the morning and the other at twilight, 5along with a tenth of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with a quarter hin of oil from pressed olives.

6This is a regular burnt offering established at Mount Sinai as a pleasing aroma, an offering made by fire to the LORD. 7The drink offering accompanying each lamb shall be a quarter hin. Pour out the offering of fermented drink to the LORD in the sanctuary area. 8And offer the second lamb at twilight, with the same grain offering and drink offering as in the morning. It is an offering made by fire, a pleasing aroma to the LORD.


“Israel was commanded to bring a male lamb to the LORD every morning and every evening. Each day began and ended with this statement of the need for atonement by sacrifice and expression of devotion to the LORD.” (Guzik)

“This reminds us that it is appropriate to begin and end our day with a statement of trust in God’s atonement and expression of our devotion to Him.” (Guzik)


Commanded and Convicted at its appointed time!

MORNING 

Psalm 5: 3In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice;

at daybreak I lay my plea before You

and wait in expectation.

Psalm 88: 13But to You, O LORD, I cry for help;

in the morning my prayer comes before You.


EVENING 

Psalm 63: 6When I remember You on my bed,

I think of You through the watches of the night.

Psalm 141: 2May my prayer be set before You like incense,

my uplifted hands like the evening offering.


ALL THE TIME 

Psalm 55: 17Morning, noon, and night, I cry out in distress,

and He hears my voice.


During my morning devotional these verses “commanded and convicted” me that I’m not praying enough at its appointed time. I need to devote more time in prayer to our Lord Jesus!

How are you doing in this area of prayer?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment