Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Psalms 23:4 Depression

 Depression

40, 3, 8, 1 - Hal Lindsey wrote, “Man can live about forty days without 

food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air...but 

only for one second without hope.” There are many people today that battle 

depression, some will survive and others won't. I know personally what it 

is like to struggle to make it through the day. Stephen Fry wrote, " If you 

know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. 

Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression 

just is, like the weather. Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, 

hopelessness, and loneliness they are going through. Be there for them when 

they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's 

depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will 

ever do." The verse that comes to mind that encourages me and I share with 

others to encourage them is written in *Psalms 23:4 Yes, though I walk 

through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or 

dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff 

[to guide], they comfort me.* If you are suffering with depression, know 

that, YOU are NOT alone. Jesus loves you and I love you too! Please let me 

know if I can pray for you in any way. My love be with you all in Christ 

Jesus.    

Blessings, Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment