Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Leviticus 18:1-5 Corruption!

 1Then the LORD said to Moses, 2“Speak to the Israelites and tell them: I am the LORD your God. 3You must not follow the practices of the land of Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not follow the practices of the land of Canaan, into which I am bringing you. You must not walk in their customs.

4You are to practice My judgments and keep My statutes by walking in them. I am the LORD your God. 5Keep My statutes and My judgments, for the man who does these things will live by them. I am the LORD.


“I am the LORD”

He knew that the customs and practices of Egyptians and Canaanites would “corrupt” His people and His statutes. 


He knew that if His sheep lived and played among the wolves they would eventually get bit! 


The Lord knew what the Israelites (generations later) would eventually do and warned them but the Israelites didn’t keep His statutes. 

Corruption!


Psalm 106: 34They did not destroy the peoples

as the LORD had commanded them,

35but they mingled with the nations

and adopted their customs.

36They worshiped their idols,

which became a snare to them.

37They sacrificed their sons

and their daughters to demons.

38They shed innocent blood—

the blood of their sons and daughters,

whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan,

and the land was polluted with blood.

39They defiled themselves by their actions

and prostituted themselves by their deeds.


Do we apply the word of the Lord to our lives or do we pick and choose only certain statutes that fit our lifestyles?


Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment