Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Leviticus 17:13-16 Life of all flesh is its blood.

 13And if any Israelite or foreigner living among them hunts down a wild animal or bird that may be eaten, he must drain its blood and cover it with dirt. 14For the life of all flesh is its blood. Therefore I have told the Israelites, ‘You must not eat the blood of any living thing, because the life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it must be cut off.’ 15And any person, whether native or foreigner, who eats anything found dead or mauled by wild beasts must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean until evening; then he will be clean. 16But if he does not wash his clothes and bathe himself, then he shall bear his iniquity.” 


Blood of animals was to be respected, “because the life of all flesh is its blood;”

How much more should we respect the blood of Jesus that was spilled for our sins?


Hebrews 10: 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?


Recently while fishing with my brother his forearm caught the corner of the walkthrough windshield on my boat which caused a gash and started bleeding. It taught me a lesson that I need to have a first aid kit handy at all times.


Blood is precious, Jesus’s so much more because He was our sacrificial lamb.

Why do we continue to sin? 


Blessings, David 


The Bible is the book of my life. It’s the book I live with, the book I live by, the book I want to die by.

N. T. Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment